The last night in NY, we took a dinner boat cruise around Manhattan. The skyline and lights were beautiful. They had live music featuring the big band style I like so well, so we were able to enjoy some ballroom dancing too.
A view of the Empire State Building in black and white...
Our picture with The Statue of Liberty in the background. It was tricky to get good photos of the statue at night on a moving boat. It was lovely to see, though.
The Brooklyn Bridge in the background
Where the WTC would have been
Thursday morning we walked around the financial district and Battery Park, where you can view the Statue of Liberty from land. Brian also found a Ukrainian district - where we ate lunch. It was the best borscht I have ever eaten...
We visited the WTC site and memorial preview. This sign was in the church nearby.
After we saw a Broadway show (Wicked) on Wednesday night, we happened to watch the end of the Thunder game in Times Square (they lost, unfortunately).
The Empire State Building
Our first night there, on Tuesday night, we found a live big band for some swing dancing! The live 10 piece band was so good, and we had a great time!
Times Square
At the Gershwin Theater
Wednesday morning we walked and walked and walked through Central Park and the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
We saw many lovely works of art there, but I was touched by this sampler in one of the American Wing period rooms.
We had a great time, and we appreciate our parents, who made it possible!



1 comment:
It looks like you guys had a great time!!! I'm very impressed with the number of pictures you managed to get with both of you in it. Did you enjoy Wicked? I saw it last summer here in Houston and was pleasantly surprised. The lead in the cast I saw was phenomenal. New York is on our list of "someday" trips, so I'll be looking for advice when that day comes.
Post a Comment