I'm here, at our condo in Malibu. You know, blogging in Malibu isn't nearly as exciting as it sounds. Especially when you still have four more days without your family.
Strange story from the trip: As you enter California, you are forced into a traffic stop. At this point, you are asked for any fruit or vegetables in your vehicle. It just so happens that my nephew celebrated his second birthday the evening before we left and his party was Slimey themed (For those of you who don't know, Slimey is Oscar the Grouch's pet worm). For the party, my sister stuck Slimey-colored gummy worms onto apples. Well, Matt and I brought some of the leftover apples on our trip. So, I look pull into the traffic stop, grab out the apple, and say "We've got a few apples, but this one seems to have a worm in it..." Not even a smile from the officer as he takes our apples away.
Ok, I guess I'll leave it at that and make an effort to come back soon and share my thought on Los Angeles, Malibu, and Pepperdine. But, for now I'm going to sleep on the floor (since the moving van shows up tomorrow).



1 comment:
I am glad the beauties of our new home have not kept you from missing us...Evelyn seems to miss you most at midnight when I am going to bed after staying up too late to watch the US win gymnastics...When we get there she can tell you in person how much she misses you...
Post a Comment