I think there is more bureaucracy here...Brian and I have been "studying" tonight to pass a California driver's license test. Tomorrow is the big test day for me. With Evelyn, I will be going by the bank to get personal documents to prove I am who I am out of the safety deposit box (that I just put in, by the way). Then I'll be going to have our car smog checked. A helpful tip - only go to smog test only centers - it has been proven by state run studies that if you go somewhere that also does repairs you are more likely to fail your smog check. You may ask - what is a smog check? Well - you have to pass to prove that your car does not pollute the environment get your tag or pay huge fees. And we were also told that you should go and get a coupon for your smog check - so Brian is off to his office to print one out for me tonight. And I have to get our new tag by tomorrow. But why the rush to get all of this done tomorrow? Well, California has a sneaky law that states you have to have the new tag within a certain # of days of leasing/purchasing a residence, and for us that day is tomorrow. Or - we can pay them more money. I am going to get my new license while I am there. I don't really know where I am going and to make sure it gets done I am skipping Evelyn's moring nap...This may be one way to get us through the DMV quickly if my baby is screaming. So - I appreciate your prayers for a smooth day tomorrow. Because after all, in the big picture even bureaucracy is small potatoes.
Evelyn is still "stepping" - not walking really - but "stepping." She has fallen a few times in the last week trying her wings with her "step step step lunge" routine and she is a bit more timid. She is hesitant to let go of our hands now - but her confidence grows daily. It may be her winning smile and not her tears tomorrow that gets us through the day.
For those of you frustrated by our lack of a phone (bad cell phone coverage up here) we have ordered a skype phone - because a land line and internet here costs about twice as much as in Oklahoma. So - we are paying for the internet and getting a skype phone which will allow us to call you all now with clear reception as much as we want...
We love and miss you all.



No comments:
Post a Comment