Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers


Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 15, 2008

Miscellaneous




We are settling in...I'll put a few pictures of Evelyn up for her fans. We went to a Pepperdine girls soccer game on Friday - three of the players are Brian's students. It was fun to cheer them on. There is a girls volleyball game we might try to catch this coming weekend. I am looking forward to tomorrow - because it is "CBS" morning (Community Bible Study). I know they have them in other places across the country too - but last week was my first one to attend. It is non denominational and Bible based - you are not allowed to discuss politics or state which church you are from. There are children's classes too. I think I am going to like it. There are of course many ladies from my church - but nice ladies of all ages whom I did not know too. It is 2 hours long, and last week Evelyn was angry at me for leaving her with the sweetest teachers for that long. Hopefully she will adjust.
We took Evelyn to the beach two weekends ago. We thought - she'll love the sand and water. She did NOT like the sand and water and was terrified of being near the crashing waves. It may be a while before she is a beach baby. We just went for a stroller walk this weekend at the beach, and as Brian tried to walk toward the sand with her she immediately became upset. She preferred the stroller and sidewalk...
Take care, I miss the Oklahoma fall winds that I hear you all are having out there.
Oh, and one picture is of our living room...free of boxes. I'll post more condo pictures as rooms are more "finished."

1 comment:

Kim said...

Hello! Lori told me you all moved to California. Congratulations on the new job! Matt and I were excited to hear about it. Brian, I'm sure you are glad to be done! I have relatives (on Gates side)that are professors at Pepperdine. They are Andy and Carrie Wall! If you ever meet them, tell them hello from me.